The new version of WordPress, called Tipton offers a lot of news, both for users and developers. Let's see here the main changes made:
- Ability to prepare and schedule changes to customize a theme without publishing them immediately thanks to the draft! We can even share this draft via a URL.
- It's the same for menus, we can now work on a draft and plan a change of menus. Convenient to put forward a new product or service on a given date!
- Automatic backup for customization and blocking for another potential user until you have finished your changes.
- A lot of changes for widgets: Add a widget "gallery", a code editor for the widget "Custom HTML", and the widget "Text" has been improved by now accepting images, galleries, shortcodes and all other media.
- Widgets are a little better preserved during a change of theme
And for the developers:
- The editor accessible from the administration becomes a real code editor with syntax highlighting, the tree of files, the automatic closing of tags or parentheses, the display of errors ... etc.
- The CSS can be modified automatically from the customization via the "Additional CSS" menu with the changes mentioned on the previous point.
- The modifications are tested in a sandbox before being validated, which makes it possible to stop crashing in WordPress theory following an error in the code
- And many other things, to know more: it is here